Lazy Wife Cake

I don't especially enjoy the kitchen..
But I do it because it tells my family 'I LOVE YOU' like few other things.
 
And when I bake this cake... They Think I REALLY  put in a lot of effort for them! They feel loved and I get to go back to my sewing machine!!!!
 

When you grow up in a Mennonite home You learn to cook and bake at a very young age.. for a couple of reasons:
There is no TV so you need something to do.
When you are part of a family of 11 buying Tastee Cakes isn't an economical choice.
Family meal time is/was the most important part of our day, therefore a LOT of emphasis are put on Food.
 
As the middle of 9 children and 3rd born daughter I remember plenty of times where I escaped to the barn to play with my Ponies in order to avoid the Kitchen, and obviously with 5 sisters, Mom never really realized that I wasn't hanging around for Dinner preparations.
 
Maybe that's why I had to go help Grandma once a week.. I rode my bike the 3 miles to Grandma's house, mowed her lawn for her, ate grandpa's candy and THAT'S where I FIRST baked The LAZY WIFE cake!!
 
Grandma didn't use an electric mixer, we just mixed it by hand and it turned out perfect EVERY time!!
 
LAZY WIFE CAKE
 
3 Cups flour ( I use whole wheat)
2 C sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
 
Mix dry ingredients together
 
add:
2/3 cup veg. oil  (I use Olive)
2 TBS vinegar
2 cup cold water
1tsp vanilla
 
Mix with a wire whisk until smooth (DO NOT over mix)
 
Bake at 350 for 30-40 min (or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean)
 
 
 
 
Top with peanut butter frosting and You'll leave your family SPEECHLESS at the cake you made that didn't Even come from a box!!!
 
Peanut Butter Frosting
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
 
Cream together till smooth
add:
1tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/3 cup powdered sugar
4 TBS milk
 
Whip until light and fluffy
 
NOW... next time you've got company coming over for dinner or need to bring a dessert to a potluck, Try this cake!!
 
And don't forget to let little people help!! They could be the ones cooking for you in your old age!!
 
Little Girl Gets so bored at home with me and my sewing machine while all the big kids are at school. We went to the park for lunch with daddy on possibly one of the last sunny and warm days of the year!
 
 

HaddyGrace is having a FB Photo Contest!!! 
 
Here is how to get Your 75$ HaddyGrace Gift Card:
1.Follow us on FB Here.
2. Email us your Favorite Photo
3. Next Monday when I post all the pictures, get your friends to like your photo.
 
The photo with the most likes wins the 75$ gift card!!
 
 
 
  
              Don't forget to visit www.haddygrace.com to receive your free shipping code
 

 

 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies