Easy Apple Crisp Recipe: Make something Monday


Do you  find it challenging to keep fresh fruit in your fridge in the winter time??  Me too!!
It's not that it's not available.. Grocery stores have a beautiful display of fresh fruits and veggies. BUT it just isn't as tempting as 'In-season' fruits and veggies..  Fruits and veggies just look so much more tempting on a farmers market table with the grower smiling over them, or even better warm from the sun a directly from your own garden or a pick-your-own field.

So When I do Buy fresh fruits:  Grapes???? my family eats them like candy and they are gone in 1 day, Strawberries are gone with in hours. Bananas last for a few days.. however,  ... APPLES.... they are inexpensive, last for weeks and make the perfect snack!!  Until about January then everyone gets tired of them and it takes me a couple grocery trips to realize that my apples are piling up and I have a whole bunch of wrinkly apples on hand!

That's when I make this super EASY APPLE CRISP!!!

2 Quarts sliced or diced apples, approx 8-10 apples
1 cup white sugar
3 TBS flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Mix these 5 ingredients together and put in greased 9x13 pan

Topping:
3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
mix together until crumbly, put on top of apple mixture.
Bake at 350 for approx 40 min, or until it looks slightly toasted over the top.



this is a great recipe to let your little ones get hands on with because if the need to sample it all you don't need to worry about raw eggs!




On my To-DO list for this week is to get these photos of my Daughters turned in to Valentines day Cards!
I will put some Valentine words on them using my Creative Memories software and then when I get them printed we will cut a slit above and below her fist and insert a lollipop.



Staci's will say 'I will be your friend "NOW AND LATER".

With the "Now and Later" being the candy double-stick taped onto her hand!



Don't forget to keep an eye on my Etsy Shop as I will be adding Easter outfits real soon!!!  Brother sister outfits among them!!!

Go ahead, Link up your Blog! Visit all the other blogs that are linked up and let them know that you are stopping by from 'Make somethingMonday'

This is a great way to gain new followers!!








Pin It

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies