Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes - Make Something Monday

Mashed Potatoes!!!!  Do you love them but haven't been able to prefect them??  Well let's admitt it, not all of us were born knowing how to make perfect potatoes. With the last year I had to call my Mom and ask her why my mashed potatoes sometimes turn out pasty and lumpy...

Here is the Secret to perfect mashed potatoes EVERY time!!

You need to mash/ whip them while they are PIPING hot with about 1/2 cup of the potato water. If you let them cool off at all you'll have lumps and paste! So whip away!!

Now here's the recipe for our favorite 'Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes'. Also know as Refridgerator mashed Potatoes.

9 large Potatoes
6 oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 tbs onion salt

Cook potatoes with 1 tsp salt until they are soft, drain all but about 1/2 to 1 cup of potato water. Mash them till smooth. (I use my mixer and whip them).

Add the rest of the ingredients.

Note: make sure potatoes are smooth before adding rest of ingredients because thats as smooth as they'll get. After you've added the cream cheese, sourcream, and onion salt mix on high until smooth.

Bake at 350 for about 20 min or until hot through. BAkeing time will be longer if potatos were refridgerated. Or put them in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours.

I have also omitted the onion salt and sourcream and used 1/2 cup of ranch dressing and my family loves them just as much!

ENJOY!!!!!

These potatoes are perfect for company potatoes because you can make them and store them in refridgerator for up to a week. I have even frozen them successfully!!



And now just a few shots from our busy weekend!

My niece Sandra and her beautiful baby blues!!!



AHHHH the eyes on this baby melt my HEART!!! EVERY TIME!!!! such a sweet heart!! And a good way for me to get my baby fix!!!!
my nephew, Eric



Miss Haddy behind the lens!!


Happy 5th birthday Miss Tonya Jean!!!


Link up your blog and Join the fun!!!

This is a GREAT way to gain new 'followers'  Just remember to follow the other blogs who have linked up and leave them some blogger love and tell them you are following them from 'Make something Monday'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies