Healthy Lunches for Toddlers

Do you sigh whenever your child's name and food are mentioned in the same sentence? Is Mealtime a big battle? If you are a normal mom your child's diet is probably always within thoughts reach.
Me too! Oh they like to EAT. Candy, Cookies, Chicken nuggets, hot dogs. Nothing that gives me peace of mind that they're getting the nutrition the need. How can they run wide-open for days on end eating what they do??

 We are by no means a health food Junkie Family, we like our super cheesy lasagna and eggs fried in bacon grease. However I do like to get lots of raw/whole foods into my family, and it's always on my mind when I plan the menu. With the 2 school girls I pack their lunches therefore I get to choose how healthy their lunch is. But the little ones are a different story, Some days I wonder if they'd rather starve than eat what I want them too.

This is what I have come up with to make for my 2 little ones and me at least 3-4 times a week for lunch.



  • I start with about 1 cup plain yogurt,
  • handful of frozen (or fresh) strawberries,
  • 1 ripe banana,
  •  1/2 or 1 whole ripe avacodo,
  • 1 whole ripe pear, 
  •  1 tbs honey
Blend until smooth

 I also like to throw in a handful of fresh spinach but didn't have any today. If you don't add the pears you might want to add another TBS of honey because ripe pears are really sweet. if the smoothie is too thick add milk until it's the consistancy that you prefer.


Lip smackin Good!



Good till the last drop!!!



And of course we spent time outside today! 50 degrees in January in Northern Iowa!!


 Crazy hair!

Swinging right into my heart!!



School pals!!


And from the sewing corner of my life this week! You can purchase it here.


or this one 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies