Ipods... What's the Right Age??

 
 
 
I know it's only the first week of November... Please don't hate me for talking Christmas shopping...
Ipods............................
According to my 12 year old Daughter she is the only 12 year old in the world that doesn't have one!!
 
 Is this the Christmas she finally gets one??
 
My pros and cons list:
(please remember before you judge my pros and cons list that this is my first teenager!!!  LOL)
 
Pros:
 
If we do get her an Ipod for Christmas she will be OVER THE MOON happy!!!!  She might actually think I am a great mom (until she sees the parental contract that comes with it)
She won't be the only kid in the middle school that doesn't have an Ipod.
She will be able to listen to her own kind of music with out me telling her to please turn it down!
 
It'll be a privilege that I will be able to take away as punishment.
 
It will a way to introduce her to responsible Internet usage, under our supervision..
 
She will remember this Christmas as the BEST EVER!!!
 
Cons: (fears)
 
She will have her ears plugged with her music etc when she could be enjoying life.. in REAL time..
 
I don't really want to have to make more rules for more things..
 
She will not be allowed to have social Media ( snap chat, IG, Facebook) until she is MUCH older.. This could be an area of disagreement!!
 
She will break her contract and I'll have to take it from her!
 
Shouldn't she buy it with her own money so that she has a greater understanding of how much it cost and therefore take greater care of it??
 
She's only 12 years old!!! If I don't get her one she might stay young and innocent for another year..........................(insert all of you laughing right here!!!)
 
 
She is Sweet, responsible, and very mature for her age.... But she is my First Born... My baby girl....  I have never raised a teenager before... So this is a tough Decision.... I don't have any experience to draw on to help me make this decision!!!!
 
That's why I am counting on you!!!!! You moms that have teenagers with Ipods!!!  help me out here!!!!!
 

 
I know that this same decision for her 3 siblings will be second nature by the time they are her age!!!




It's been a rainy week so far here in Northern Iowa....
However my heart has been Sunshiny with the Love for these 4 kiddos!!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies