My Tweens for your Toddlers???

You know that moment, the moment when you are in the grocery store, one snotty nose preschooler is clinging to your leg, trying to commit suicide by throwing himself repeatedly under the shopping cart, another toddler is in the cart, the part where the groceries are supposed to go, and he's chewing on a package of chocolate chips, (you know there must be a hole in the bag because said toddler is no longer whining) the baby, (in the infant seat part of the cart) is crying fitfully and as you push the cart with one hand while holding in the paci with the other hand, all the while distractedly throwing food items into your cart.

  A sweet old lady stops you with this wistful smile on her face and she coos "Oh but aren't they precious", and she then proceeds to tell you that these days are the BEST days of your life! You smile distractedly, and think to your self that she must have just taken the wrong kind of medication!

 BUT!! I am here to tell you, I am beginning, JUST BEGINNING to get to the point in my career as a mother where I can honestly say I think That little old lady in the grocery store MIGHT have know what she was talking about!! Suddenly getting up 3-4 times a night, changing poopy diapers etc seems like a picnic compared to some of the moods my 10 or 11 year old can get into!!
 It's like this: When they're little, babies, toddlers, preschoolers, Mom is an angel!! She can do NO wrong! They'll protect you with their own little life!
 
 Enter Middle school:
 Suddenly Mom knows NOTHING any more!! (not even how to do simple long division) LOL LOL. Suddenly YOU are the one from ANOTHER planet! They're convinced Mom Doesnt Understand what it's like to be 11 years old!  Its all normal and part of growing up, that I understand, But some days, I really wish I would've enjoyed those chaotic shopping trips a bit more, they really were a simple and EASY time of parenting!!


 
Parenting isn't for the faint of heart! It isn't all fun and games!!  

 
It's HARD WORK, And sometimes Mom just wants to sit down and cry too!

 
But I am convinced....
 
 
I am still convinced.....

 
That NOTHING brings us to a greater understanding of God's love for us than becoming a parent does!! And that is ONE of the MANY reasons I'll never regret becoming a mother!!
 
Blessings to you,
RuthAnn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies