Friendships and Motherhood

There comes a time in motherhood where your world becomes pretty small. It revolves around these things:
Naps
Mealtimes
School
Sports/lessons/activities
Bedtimes
 
And somewhere in there you need to make sure there is food in the house, clean clothes in the drawers/closets and that the home is fit for humans to live in.
 
And then at the end of the day you fall asleep on the couch out of exhaustion, you never get to watch your favorite shows to the end, so your always left wondering what's REALLY going on.
After weeks and weeks of this I start missing my friendships, I start craving long UNINTERRUPTED conversations with kindred spirits that will lift me up and encourage me,
Other moms who will tell me that my teens are normal and that theirs are acting the same way.
 
Other Moms that 'Get' Foster Care and the things I am struggling with in that area.
Other Moms that will smile and let me go on and on about our foster son and how smart he is and all the new words he has learned!
 
Other moms that will giggle in sympathy with me over the things that happen when your 6 yr old son has been cooped up in the house for months and months of winter.
 
Other moms that will listen to me talk about the pros and cons of sending my 4 year old to preschool and how undecided I am about this..
 
Those are the things I crave, understanding, acceptance and encouragement!!
 
Those are the things that one just doesn't get through socializing in social media.
 
I get these things in bits and pieces before and after church services, in between chasing babies and minding rambunctious children.
 
And Every once in a while we reach out to each other across this wilderness of motherhood and we say. I am here. I care. I am praying for you.
And then we say, 'I have to run',.... or, 'I can't stay, the kids are in the car'... or 'I have to go get groceries'... or 'headed to piano lessons.'
 
And we remind each other that this is just for a season.......
 
And we all understand that friendship is stronger than busy seasons and time spent apart!!!
 
 
So be encouraged mothers,  Isaiah 40:11:
He tends his flock like a shepherd:
    He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
    he gently leads those that have young.
  
 
I believe that One of the ways Jesus has blessed me while I am raising my young is with friendships that are eternal, that will stand the test of time and the test of busy seasons!!
 
 
Much Love,
RuthAnn
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies